1536 South Estate Lane

Year of award: 
2009
Award category: 
Rehabilitation
Year built: 
1926
Restoration architect: 
The Pounton Group

What was once a one-story structure known as the Lasker Estate Milk House was remodeled and converted to a single-family residence in 1946 by owner Chicago architect Jerome Cerny and his wife June Welch Cerny.  They added a second floor and shed dormers. A dining room was added to the rear of the building in 1962 by then-owners Allison and Malcolm Walker.  The current owners have added a one-and-a-half story addition and rebuilt the 1946 addition, which had been pulling away from the historic structure.