211 Maple Court

Year of award: 
2013
Award category: 
Rehabilitation
Original architect: 
Shepley, Rutan & Coolidge
Year built: 
1911
Restoration architect: 
Rugo/Raff

~~This 1911 coach house originally was a part of the Henry Rumsey estate and like the manor house was designed by Shepley, Rutan & Coolidge.   Several renovations to the house occurred over the years, including a 1973 incompatible two-story addition.  This was demolished and replaced with a new two-story addition compatible in design and materials to the original structure.  Meticulous attention to detail is a distinguishing feature of the latest addition and seamlessly unites the new work with the original design.