900 North Waukegan Road

Year of award: 
2012
Award category: 
Renovation
Original architect: 
David Adler
Year built: 
1917
Restoration architect: 
Liederbach & Grahm, Architects

~Built in 1917, the two gatehouses and a coach house served as the country home for Elsa and A. Watson Armour. Designed, built and
expanded by architect David Adler, the two gatehouses show the detailing and symmetry of Georgian Revival. The coach house is also
Georgian Revival, but is a highly individual interpretation of the style and shows Adler’s signature design of bilateral symmetry. The three
buildings are graciously sited around a courtyard with the coach house in the center flanked by the two gatehouses.