111 West Westminster

Year of award: 
2017
Award category: 
INFILL/NEW CONSTRUCTION
Original architect: 
Phillip Lippincott Goodwin
Year built: 
1928
Restoration architect: 
The Poulton Group

This award for new construction recognizes the compatible new freestanding garage of exceptional quality just east of the house, designed by the Poulton Group to match the manor house in form and materials while stepping down in height.  A new courtyard also relates the new building to the striking main house. The garage replaces a non historic structure that was built after the original garage by David Adler was subdivided off in 1946, now 740 N. Green Bay Road.