111 West Westminster Road

Year of award: 
2014
Award category: 
Rehabilitation
Original architect: 
Philip Lippincott Goodwin
Year built: 
1925 - 1928
Restoration architect: 
David Poulton

Designed by New York architect Philip Lippincott Goodwin, the Noble Brandon Judah Estate manor house was built between 1925 and 1928 as part of a 40-acre Green Bay Road estate.  The meticulously restored manor house is an outstanding example of French Renaissance Revival style.  The gardens are a primary example of 17th century French landscape design. The current owners, with Lake Forest architect David Poulton, have renovated the kitchen area, installed interior humidifiers to protect the historically significant wood paneling and have embarked on numerous exterior restoration projects including: repair of all chimneys, repair of all windows, restoration of courtyard elements, and the installation of a pergola in keeping with an original structure that had been lost. The extensive repair of masonry walls and limestone coping in the formal gardens is ongoing along with restoration of the landscaping.  This property is recognized for its outstanding work with a Rehabilitation award.