Originally the theater to Albert Lasker’s vast west-side estate, the building was converted to a residence following subdivision of the estate in the 1950s. The structure has been well-preserved, retaining much of its original exterior integrity with only minor additions and alterations over the years. The current owners, working with Melichar Architects, have carefully undertaken repair work to preserve the exterior brick, roof, shutters, trim, and front door.
1355 Estate Lane East
Year of award: