1401 Lake Road

Year of award: 
2017
Award category: 
PRESERVATION
Original architect: 
Ambrose Cramer
Year built: 
1932
Restoration architect: 
The Goebeler Company

There may be no more recognizable fence in town than the one found along the north end of Lake Road, with its distinctive black and white color scheme and repetitive swag form.  Originally associated with the 1928 Adler designed Bentley house, just to the north, this southernmost section of fencing as a result of subdivision now belongs to 1401 Lake. This segment of fencing has been wonderfully preserved and maintained regularly beginning 35 years ago by the current owners, working more recently with The Goebeler Company to replace deteriorated parts where necessary to match the original design.