777 Washington Road

Year of award: 
2016
Award category: 
Restoration
Original architect: 
Burnham & Root
Year built: 
1879
Restoration architect: 
Stanley D. Anderson (1925)

Originally the stables of the 1879 Oakhurst Estate, this Burnham & Root-designed building was converted to a single-family residence with an attached doctor’s office in 1925 by Stanley D. Anderson. The current owners have restored the exterior, including carefully stripping and repainting all the exterior shingles and millwork.