941 East Westminster Road

Year of award: 
2014
Award category: 
Rehabilitation
Original architect: 
Holabird & Roche
Year built: 
1889-1892
Restoration architect: 
Stuart Cohen

Designed by Holabird & Roche and built 1889-92, the home was a wedding gift for Henry Nelson Tuttle and Fannie Farwell Tuttle, daughter of John V. Farwell a leading wholesale dry goods merchant.  Around 1920 a west wing was added, probably designed by Edwin Hill Clark.   The current owners have owned the home since 1996 and remain its faithful and meticulous stewards.   With their architect Stuart Cohen, they have restored the house and gardens to 21st Century standards, while maintaining its original character.