The Preservation Foundation, its members and supporters, work with the community and The City of Lake Forest to preserve and ensure that the architectural and landscape treasures that define our community are preserved so future generations can experience and enjoy them. Your support makes this possible.
Many thanks to our supporters and partners who helped achieve this goal this year.
- The generous residents, family foundations, local organizations, and DAR members, who helped raise funds for the exterior and interior renovation of the downtown train station.
- The twelve property owners honored with preservation awards, who demonstrated outstanding stewardship of buildings, landscapes, and neighborhoods.
- The City of Lake Forest, which partnered with us to engage renowned speaker Ed McMahon to speak about the importance of historic preservation and remind us of the value of maintaining a sense of place in our community.
- The four homeowners, Ragdale, and over 200 supporters of our House & Garden Walk, who helped broaden awareness of the importance of Howard Van Doren Shaw’s influence in Lake Forest.
- The two homeowners who shared their exemplary gardens for wonderful Garden Strolls.
Each year we dedicate our Annual Fund to a project that needs special attention and will preserve a landmark for future generations. This year we’re studying two projects, one at a building used by the whole community and the other, an important structure from a landmark estate. We expect to announce our choice early next year.
What we do know right now is that neither project can become reality without your help. Please support this year’s Annual Fund with a gift to preservation. Your gift, of any size, will help ensure Lake Forest’s future as “a special place.” Thank you!