Formerly known as the Knauz property, this building was converted from a car dealership, showroom, and garage into spaces housing offices, shops, and a restaurant. Additions to the original building were added in 1946 and 1955. A final addition was designed by Balfour Lanza in 1960 and now houses the A.J. Edwards offices. This rehabilitation has created an inviting corner drawing pedestrian and vehicular traffic to the shopping and dining venues created by the reuse of the property.
1044 North Western Avenue
Year of award:
Rehabilitation - Adaptive Reuse
Stanley D. Anderson
Leonard Turelli & Witmer Associates