French eclectic in style, this two-story stone house was originally built for Chicago lawyer Stuart John Templeton on North Green Bay Road property owned by his wife's father, Willam Evans Casselberry. Known historically as Windswept, the house was built on one of the earliest subdivisions of land on the west side of Green Bay Road in the area of Howard Van Doren Shaw's Ragdale. The house looks over portions of the magnificanet historic Shaw prairie, currently owned and maintained by the Lake Forest Open Lands Association. The owners have faithfully maintained this architecturally significant house and property, including restoration of the original landscape plan in the 1980s.
1300 North Green Bay Road
Year of award:
Puckey and Jenkins, Architect / Frans Lipp, Landscape