Built by Samuel Dent as a drayage barn for Sam Dent's livery service and Murrie's Blacksmith Shop, the building on Deerpath known today as The Country House has seen many changes over the years. Massively altered in the 1930s and in 1948, it once served as a service garage for the gas station to the east. The concrete block for the original building was made on the site. In 1984, the present owner, Richard M. Norton, reclaimed the building and adapted it as a shop and showroom for his antiques business.
179 East Deerpath Road
Year of award: