250 North Western Avenue

Year of award: 
2008
Award category: 
Rehabilitation
Original architect: 
David Adler
Year built: 
1935
Restoration architect: 
Garret Eakin

This 3500 square foot residence was originally one of the gate houses for the J. Ogden Armour estate.  The current owner restored the original butler's cottage and converted the adjacent five-car garage into a dining room, family room, and master suite. An octagonal addition links the garage with the cottage.  Exterior trim profiles and Ludovici terra cotta roofing were matched to the originals.