301 North Sheridan Road

Year of award: 
2004
Award category: 
Restoration
Original architect: 
Russell Walcott
Year built: 
1925
Restoration architect: 
Jerry Haman & Associates

Well-known North Shore architect Russell Walcott designed this Tudor Revival house for Charles F. Glore, a partner in the investment banking form of Glore Forgan, which maintained offices in Chicago and New York.  The current owners undertook an extensive restoration of the house including restoring the tile roof, reinstalling the copper leader heads with new gutters, and repairing the original stucco and four large chimneys. The historic terrace was re-laid, and an historic concrete fountain was repaired to working condition.