349 King Muir

Year of award: 
2013
Award category: 
Rehabilitation
Original architect: 
Stanley D. Anderson
Year built: 
1927
Restoration architect: 
Melichar Architects

349 King Muir Road was designed by Stanley Anderson in 1927.  Several later additions appeared disconnected from the original architecture, including this glass and metal structure at the rear.  The current owners worked with Melichar Architects to remove incompatible elements,  add new windows and dormers and re-work the interior plan and the additions, creating a unified architectural language.  The historical integrity and character of the original structure has been maintained, while providing a more elegant and functional floor plan than had resulted from prior additions.