395 North Green Bay Road

Year of award: 
2006
Award category: 
Rehabilitation
Original architect: 
Albro and Lindeberg
Year built: 
1910
Restoration architect: 
Michael Bressman

Historic Two Gables, originally designed for O. Babcock and now more popularly known as the Mr. T House, received a top down rehabilitation and a new east side addition for a great room and to expand the kitchen.  The Laurance Armours acquired the estate in 1913 and after a fire in 1928, engaged David Adler to renovate the interiors and replace the charred wood shingle roof with slate tiles.  This manor house underwent the most recent renovation in 2004.