461 North Green Bay Road was designed by David Adler in 1913 for Mr. and Mrs. William E. Clow, Jr. The house is virtually unchanged and is in excellent condition, thanks in large part to the preservation efforts of the present owners. This is a great example of preservation at its finest. It is all original, right down to the green wood shutters, the wood windows and the yellow stucco. Even the hedges are still laid out in their original pattern. The house is very urban in its design, in response to the fairly constrained site, in comparison to many of Adler’s other well-known homes. And as one passes through this door from the front to the rear, we could easily be in an urban garden somewhere in Europe.