This handsome Colonial Revival home was originally located on Ridge Road at the present site of Northcroft Park. Designed in 1912 by Chicago architect Willam Arthur Warren as a summer home for Mr. and Mrs. William S. North, the house retains its original exterior. The vestibule was remodeled in 1932 for Miss Dorothy North by Chicago architects Walcott and Work.
When Northcroft Park was planned, the present owners saved the house from demolition by moving it to its present location. They recognozed that the home, though in disrepair, was worthy of preservation. With great care they restored the building to its former elegance and warmth, thus assuring it a secure future in the Lake Forest streetscape.