The McClure Manse, an 1885 Queen Anne home, was occupied for many years by Reverend McClure, the pastor of the First Presbyterian Church of Lake Forest from 1881 until his retirement in 1905 and acting President of Lake Forest College from 1897 to 1901. The house was acquired as the first manse of the church in July 1887 and was occupied by Reverend McClure throughout his pastorate of the church. It was presented to him upon retirement. Dr. McClure, known affectionately as "The Little Minister," was instrumental in obtaining bequests for several of the more significant buildings in Lake Foerst College. He later served as president of McCormick Theological Seminary.
The present owners have carefully renovated and restored The McClure Manse in ways that complement the Queen Anne architecture and ensure the home's continuity with the historic Walnut Road streetscape. A recent addition is a wrap-around porch that enhances the Queen Anne style.