The original coach house of this property was designed by Edwin Hill Clark in 1928 and built for Mr. and Mrs. Marvin Pool. In 1961, following Mr. Pool's death and Mrs. Pool's marriage to Frank McNair, the McNairs engaged Lake Forest architect Jerome Cerny to design and build a new home, which Cerny attached to the original coach house. In 1991 the current owners completed an addition including a library between the coach house and the 1961 dwelling and connecting the two buildings with an inside staircase.
545 East Crabtree Lane
Year of award:
Edwin Hill Clark (1928) & Jerome Cerny (1961)
1928 & 1961