810 South Ridge Road

Year of award: 
1995
Award category: 
Preservation
Original architect: 
Howard Van Doren Shaw
Year built: 
1925

Known as The Robert Patterson Lamont House, this home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.  The current owners carefully rehabilitated and restored this elegant country house.  Built for Robert Patterson Lamont, the president of American Steel Foundries, the house originally stood on 102 acres called West View Farms.  There have been few alterations to the house, and as a result, its historical integrity is excellent. The house now sits on 7.27 acres, including a lovely small lake and some of the original garden.  Auxiliary buildings from the Lamont estate have been converted to other Ridge Road residences.