885 Maplewood

Year of award: 
2005
Award category: 
Rehabilitation
Original architect: 
Stanley Anderson (Anderson and Tichnor)
Year built: 
1928
Restoration architect: 
Robert Ruggles

Originally called The James R. Leavell House after the first owner, the house is a French Normandy courtyard-style building.  Garden walls surround the house and estate close to the roadway in the French manner. The current owners converted the garage to a family room and added a new garage and mudroom, both done in 2003.