966 West Deerpath Road

Year of award: 
2002
Award category: 
Restoration
Year built: 
1902

The restored gates from the George A. McKinlock estate Brown Gables are located at the south entrance to the owners' 1995 home.  The gates date from a significant estate that was once located at the northeast corner of what was then the western end of Deerpath and Waukegan Road, known then as Telegraph Road.  The gate posts were repointed and new bases were constructed.  The gates and fence were cleaned, repaired, and repainted.