District 67 was recognized for preservation of the landscape design and approach to the school, as designed originally by Franz Lipp in 1955 and revised in 1961 by Ralph Synnestvedt & Associates. The landscape today preserves the drive, the open lawn, and much of the planting of the original plan. This open space has been preserved at a key entrance to Lake Forest across from a classic estate and contributes significantly to the character of the community.
Deerpath School Gardens- 95 West Deerpath Road
Year of award: