A focal point on the Deerpath gateway to Lake Forest, the stone gates were in desperate need of rehabilitation. The Foundation led the rehabilitation in partnership with the City and residents. The gates are on the National Register of Historic Places.
Deerpath Hill Estates was developed in 1926 by Henry Turnbull. Local architect Stanley D. Anderson designed many of the homes and is thought to have designed the Lannon stone entrance.