Designed in 1931 by Edwin Hill Clark with additions in 1977 by William Danforth, the Library was a gift to the City of Lake Forest from the family of Kersey Coates Reed. The building is an outstanding example of late Beaux Arts-period public architecture. It was designed with a high level of classic detail, and that detail has been maintained by the Library during renovations to meet the needs of patrons in the late 1990s. The Library Board has taken great pains to restore the murals in the Rotunda and to sensitively adapt the interior to the era of on-line information.
Lake Forest Library - 360 East Deerpath Road
Year of award:
Edwin Hill Clark