The O'Neill Building has been a fixture in downtown Lake Forest since 1904 when two houses were moved to make way for its construction. Its recent rehabilitation through renovation, restoration, and adaptive use illustrates how an historic commercial building can be upgraded to serve changing needs. The windows above the display windows on the east facade were restored, the entire building was repaired, and remodeling incorporated office use on the second floor.
O'Neill Building at Westminster Road and Western Avenue
Year of award: