1950 Merritt Lane

Year of award: 
2019
Award category: 
Rehabilitation Award
Original architect: 
Ralph Milman
Year built: 
1936
Restoration architect: 
Diana Melicahr

Built in 1936 and attributed to architect Ralph Milman, this two-story brick country home is tucked in a quaint street in the southwest corner of Lake Forest. The current owners sensitively expanded the home with an addition on the rear façade and a new detached garage in keeping with the home’s original character.