The Lake Forest Preservation Foundation relies on the generosity of preservation-minded citizens who share our commitment to preserving the historic visual character of Lake Forest. We live in a unique and amazing community that is unlike any other in the midwest because of its history and natural beauty.
With your help we can continue our mission of:
- Encouraging and aiding in the restoration and preservation of historic sites, structures, landscapes, and amenities in Lake Forest
- Presenting educational programs and publishing our newsletters to increase knowledge and awareness of Lake Forest’s historic resources
- Observing city meetings in order to assist with preservation issues
- Conducting research, surveys, and studies related to historic preservation
- Recognizing projects in the community that contribute to the visual character of Lake Forest through our annual presentation of awards in preservation, rehabilitation, and construction
Many thanks to those of you who participated this year in our Annual Benefit Architectural House & Garden Tour, our garden strolls, our annual meeting and awards ceremony, our holiday party, and the celebration of the completion of our 10-year collaboration with the city to restore our treasured 1901 Lake Forest Train Station (pictured above). None of this could be done without the support of our donors!
Our Annual Fund donations are totally dedicated to preservation projects in and around our community. We encourage you to make a gift to this year’s Annual Fund so that we may continue our work of preserving the treasured vistas, streetscapes, neighborhoods, and beauty that drew us all to Lake Forest in the first place. Your contribution WILL make a difference! Use the Donation button or call the LFPF office at 847-234-1230.
LFPF is a 501(c)(3) public charity. Contributions are tax-deductible as defined by law.